The Hunger Network is responsible to buy approximately 95% of the food we distribute in our hunger centers. We are able to do so, in part, by hosting annual fundraising events. Please consider joining us for the fun AND fundraising!
• In partnership with the Flats East Bank, the Hunger Network is excited to bring to you the 2nd Annual East Bank Bacon Festival, a festival celebrating bacon, beer and live bands! East Bank Bacon Festival will be held on Saturday, October 6th, 2018 alongside the Lake Erie Waterfront in the Flats East Bank and feature a bacon-infused menu catered by local restaurants and chefs. Nearly 10,000 people joined us at the East Bank of the Flats for the Inaugural event last year, raising over $46,000 to feed our neighbors in need!
• The 28th Annual Best Party of the Year to benefit the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland was held on Friday, December 8, 2017 at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. Over 600 of Cleveland's finest movers and shakers joined us for the masquerade gala complete with fabulous food, delicious drinks, exciting entertainment and endless dancing, making this year our BIGGEST one yet raising over $135,000 to fight local hunger.
• The 5th Annual All About the Bag Fashion Benefit was held on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, where 500 individuals gathered at Landerhaven for a night of fashion, fun and fundraising, raising nearly $100,000 to help fight local hunger, and priceless awareness for our mission! Drinks were flowing, food was served and raffle prizes won, including Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Fount and more! A fashion display by design students at Virginia Marti College was the talk of pre-show festivities, and professional models, Cleveland’s favorite celebrities and Hunger Heroes dazzled in designs from Beachwood Place as they rocked the “Hunger Network Runway” to tunes provided by MIMO. It was truly a night to remember!
• Our largest and longest-running fundraiser celebrated a special anniversary this year! The 30th Anniversary of the Run/Walk for Hunger took place on Saturday, May 12, 2018 where the community gathered at the Great Lakes Science Center to run, walk or volunteer for the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland. Together, we united to raise nearly $100,000 to help fight local hunger. It was a wonderful morning begining with breakfast and coffee donated by Marc's, Kellog's and Rebol. Our 5K race traveled through the streets of Downtown Cleveland for a scenic route that all runners and walkers enjoyed. At the conclusion of the race, attendees were invited to stay and enjoy our Family After-Party, which included lunch generously donated from Mr. Hero and Orlando Baking Company, rockin' performances from the St. Ed's Trash Talkers and CWRU Juggling Club, visits from Moondog, Chomps, & other Cleveland mascots, a prize wheel from iHeart Media, & more.
• The Hunger Network teedoff for our 2nd Annual Golf Outing on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at The Tanglewood Club in Chagrin Falls Two very dedicated members of the Hunger Network Board of Trustees, Kenneth Roller & David Weiner, collaborated to host this event to raise funds and awareness in honor of our mission, and what a day it was! We may not have seen any holes-in-one on the course, but together we scored one by raising over $31,000 for the HNGC! This fundraiser comes at the perfect time for the Hunger Network, as summer is often the hungriest time for our young neighbors away from school-funded meals. These funds will be used to purchase food for those in need.
The “Friends” of the Hunger Network has generously hosted a fundraising event, Rollin’ on the River for 10 years in honor of our mission to fight local hunger. It’s been a wonderful 10 years of memories, and the “Friends” are working on new and exciting fundraising avenues to keep the young professionals engaged in the Cleveland community.
And, to see photos from the 10th Anniversary of Rollin’ on the River that was held on Friday, October 7, 2016 – click here. It was a special evening at the Westin Cleveland Downtown for this fun-filled casino night featuring gaming and live entertainment, hundreds of enthusiastic party-goers, and even a photo opportunity with the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy. Over the past 10 years, the Friends have united to collectively raise enough funds to supply over 2-million meals for our hungry neighbors in Cuyahoga County.
The Hunger Network is honored to call all of these people our friends! To learn more about joining the Friends Committee, please reach out to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.